- The cheapest wine (Paul Mas, $15) won! Not a first time, but still a rare occurrence.
- The most expensive wine (Cremant de Bourgogne, $25) was LAST place! This has never happened before.
- France had the first-place wine (Paul Mas) AND the last-place wine (Cremant de Bourgogne)!
- HelgaHume wine tasting FIRST: A French wine won! Usually they don't do so well at our parties.
- Sparkling Winner: Seaview from Australia, $17
- CabSav Winner: J. Lohr from California, $23
- Malbec Winner: Paul Mas from France $15
- Wine sequence attrition was higher than usual (as in, more people rating A than G), and definitely skewed the results. If anyone has any ideas on how to curb this, I'm all ears. :-)
And now, for the detailed results: